1. Hi — Yes, you should call your doctor. A baby that is a footling breech needs to be born by cesarean section. If your water bag were to break there is risk of the baby’s umbilical cord passing through your birth canal before the baby creating a life threatening situation for the baby.

    Please let me know what your doctor says!



    Back to Ask Tori »

Ask Tori!

Ask Tori RN®, by registered nurse and resident author of The Joy of Pregnancy, is a helpful and reassuring resource for parents-to-be.